Science for upper school (7th and up)

About Forums Introduce Yourself Science for upper school (7th and up)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Jones
    Participant

Hi everyone! My school is a small, private school. We are constantly evolving and making changes. This year we are teaching a few classes with no textbooks. My administration asked me to pick out new curriculum and evaluate if it will work for us. We have upgraded our technology this past year and are excited about launching our classes through Google Classroom. Through this avenue, we hope to help students keep up with missed assignments, give the students some flexibility, go deeper into their studies, and enjoy the class more. The biology course offered here seemed to fit our plans. Looking forward to teaching this class in the fall 2019!

Brad Grey
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,
    Welcome to the community. Thanks for taking time to share. I am happy that you chose this curriculum to work with. You will really enjoy the Quizlet vocabulary sets. I have a video training on how to use the Quizlets t omake quizzes. My students love Quizlet live! I have plans on creating video presentations for each unit this year. You will see those starting to pop up in each unit area. They will be great for students who missed class or for flipping your classroom. I just hope I can get to them soon…. it has been a crazy summer already.

Feel free to post here or email me if you have any questions or need anything!

Wanda Jackson
    Participant

My name is Wanda and I will be teaching Biology, Foundations of Biology, Physical Science, Botany and Zoology this Fall in a small rural school in Mississippi. I have not taught these particular courses for five years and never taught on a block schedule. We do not have a textbook for the Life Science courses but plan to integrate technology where ever possible. I hope to learn to use Google classroom and think USBiology Teaching will help save me valuable time. I will have chromebooks available for every student and will be teaching on a 90 minute block.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We Help Teachers Save Time, Engage Students and Love Teaching